HWM Malaysia on Facebook

WIN a Seagate Personal Cloud!

Old 01-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
mikelowhwm
Administrator

WIN a Seagate Personal Cloud!

How Seagate Personal Cloud gave me entertainment freedom by Emmelyn Mah

Emmelyn Mah

The introduction of the cloud had been a life changer for me. With cloud storage services, I have access to my files whenever I want and wherever I am, while streaming services allow me to do the same with my favorite TV shows, music, and movies.

As time goes by, I find that the cloud has its limitations. I have no control where my files are and that brings up the questions of privacy, ownership, and alike. I also can’t freely share that one episode that I like, or that catchy new tune, or that classic movie with my friends and family. All that changed when I got myself the Seagate Personal Cloud.

It is basically a NAS (Network Attached Storage), which serves as a centralized hub that you have total control over. It works with just about any smartphone, tablet, PC, set-top box, and even gaming console. There are a lot of NAS out there, but I find that the Seagate Personal Cloud is the one for me.

This may sound superficial, but the Seagate Personal Cloud is really the best-looking NAS out there. It’s built horizontally and features a minimalist set-top box design, which makes it look right at home next to your TV or on a shelf alongside your speakers and AV receivers. It is very different from the run-of-the-mill NAS system.

What really stand out about the Seagate Personal Cloud is how easy it was to set up and get going. It is clearly made with home consumers in mind – no technical knowledge required. All I did was connect it to my router using a LAN cable, and it appeared on my PC momentarily. The web interface takes me through the initial setup process, which includes setting up the hard drive and remote access, so I can immediately enjoy the convenience of my own personal cloud from any device. It also automatically downloads and installs the latest firmware to ensure that it is running at its best.

The main interface is clutter-free, with a clean and inviting design that extends to the progress bars, which are well thought-out. The Home screen offers a set of options to the various apps on the device. The Device Manager, on the other hand, is rather essential, as this is where all the options to set up the Seagate Personal Cloud reside.

Accessing my files on any PC couldn’t be any simpler with Seagate’s Sdrive software. It makes it look like the NAS drive is just another drive, and I could browse it like any other folder. With it, I can also log in and manage my Seagate Personal Cloud, and all this has been set up from the start.

To access the Seagate Personal Cloud from my phone, I use the Seagate Media App. It organizes all my files by type, making them easy to view and enjoy at home or on the go. The app literally lets me carry my entire media collection wherever I go, without having to worry about the capacity of my device.

App support for the Seagate Personal Cloud meant that I could add a couple of extra features to it, such as Plex Media Server for playing and streaming my media. Other apps include a downloader, which can be used to handle BitTorrent downloads directly on the NAS.

As an owner of the Seagate Personal Cloud, I am in full control of my personal files. It lets me share my photos, videos, and documents with others by sending them links. I can even give my family members access to the NAS by creating accounts for them to enjoy the same content.

The Seagate Personal Cloud has really changed the way I look at the cloud.

Seagate Personal Cloud Giveaway!

Up for grabs are THREE (3) units of Seagate Personal Cloud (3TB), worth RM675 each.

Answer the following questions and slogan for a chance to win one!

1) What is the name of the mobile app used to remotely access Seagate Personal Cloud?

2) What is the name of the application used to access the Seagate Personal Cloud on the PC?

Tell us in less than 20 words: “The Seagate Personal Cloud can help me to...”

Submit your answers and slogan, along with your particulars (Full Name, IC No., Email, Contact No.) via Google Forms here. Answers that are sent in the form of thread replies will not be entertained.

Terms and Conditions
1. This contest is valid only in Malaysia.
2. Contest period is from July 11 to July 24, 2016
3. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
4. Costs incurred for the collection of prizes will be borne by the individual winners.
5. HardwareZone Malaysia reserves the right to end the contest at any time.
6. HardwareZone Malaysia reserves the right to substitute a prize claimed with another prize of the same value without giving prior notice.
7. By participating in this contest, participants agree to adhere strictly to the terms and conditions of this contest.
8. All decisions made by HardwareZone Malaysia are final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained.
mikelowhwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:49 AM   #2
YanlyTay

1. Seagate media app
2. Sdrive
The Seagate Personal Cloud can help me to connect to everywhere!
YanlyTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
YanlyTay

1. Seagate media app
2. Sdrive
The Seagate Personal Cloud can help me to connect to everywhere!
Tay Yen Lee 911226055256 0172752778
YanlyTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #4
MoniqueTan
Administrator

Please submit your entry here : http://goo.gl/A0qMPQ
MoniqueTan is offline   Reply With Quote