Opinions on Paying Using Electronic Apps - www.hardwarezone.com.my

HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HWM Malaysia on Facebook

Opinions on Paying Using Electronic Apps

Old 18-12-2017, 03:33 PM   #1
IcyBaby

Opinions on Paying Using Electronic Apps

Ever since the entry of Alipay to Malaysia, there have been a rise in paying for goods using the so called electronic funds rather than the usual cash or debit/credit cards. For example the state of Sarawak also launched their own apps called the Sarawak Pay. Just wanna ask what do you guys think about it, whether it is good or bad or dont really affect much.
IcyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
NemesisKong

Erm for me not much different also loh, because I usually pay in cash when I'm buying stuffs outside then for online things like from Lazada just use my debit card. Maybe using the apps can make payment easier but the security is a huge concern whether it can be hacked or not.
NemesisKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #3
Mustard

Well using electronic app to pay things is quite unsafe , which it may occur some error during payment process and you might loss your money
Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #4
Picasso

of course electronic app are bad , why don't you just buy things in the shop physically since you are so much concern whether it is bad or good
Picasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #5
Sunny029

Well I think it is a good thing the government started to bring in all these stuffs to our country as it was already a popular trend in the more advance countries such as China where paying using electronic apps is already a norm. And right now you can reload your phone credit also with just using an app which is called Boost with high efficiency as you can received the phone credit within a few second after the transaction was completed.
Sunny029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #6
Sunny029

of course electronic app are bad , why don't you just buy things in the shop physically since you are so much concern whether it is bad or good
Well the problem is sometimes we are just unable to go to the shop personally as maybe due to short of time or weather issue. So if you have to make an emergency call but your phone is out of credit or expired, you can just reload directly using the Boost app which is supported by more than 17 banks in our country.
Sunny029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 01:12 AM   #7
MaryJane

Well using electronic app to pay things is quite unsafe , which it may occur some error during payment process and you might loss your money
Some maybe but so far from my experience using Boost app never meet this problem loh, always able to proceed my transaction smoothly without any hassle to go to the shop to buy my Steam gift cards which by the way are sold a price higher than the one bought through the Boost app.
MaryJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 01:14 AM   #8
MaryJane

Well the problem is sometimes we are just unable to go to the shop personally as maybe due to short of time or weather issue. So if you have to make an emergency call but your phone is out of credit or expired, you can just reload directly using the Boost app which is supported by more than 17 banks in our country.
Hmm looks like there is another Boost user here. How many points have you accumulated so far? Mind is almost enough to exchange for two vouchers already haha, a very nice feature offered by them where besides reloading you can get free vouchers also.
MaryJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 01:19 AM   #9
SilentStorm

I think paying through electronic method is quite a nice change, and also no need to bring so much cash out already.
SilentStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 01:20 AM   #10
SilentStorm

Some maybe but so far from my experience using Boost app never meet this problem loh, always able to proceed my transaction smoothly without any hassle to go to the shop to buy my Steam gift cards which by the way are sold a price higher than the one bought through the Boost app.
Does the Steam Wallet purchased got additional tax charge? Usually buy from online all have it.
SilentStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 05:25 PM   #11
Sunshine

Well I think it is a good thing the government started to bring in all these stuffs to our country as it was already a popular trend in the more advance countries such as China where paying using electronic apps is already a norm. And right now you can reload your phone credit also with just using an app which is called Boost with high efficiency as you can received the phone credit within a few second after the transaction was completed.
ya exactly , i've heard that for boost app , once you download the drive of boost app or sign it up or an account , you also be able to get free credit top up in your account and the free credit is up to rm 8 , which you already get rm 8 before you start to top up , what a great deal
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 05:35 PM   #12
Sweeper

yes indeed , using app to buy things and so on , it really does help us save a lot of time , and also can save alot of our money and patrol where you don't have to drive to the store and buy things, really does help alot
Sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #13
Cyclone

Ever since the entry of Alipay to Malaysia, there have been a rise in paying for goods using the so called electronic funds rather than the usual cash or debit/credit cards. For example the state of Sarawak also launched their own apps called the Sarawak Pay. Just wanna ask what do you guys think about it, whether it is good or bad or dont really affect much.
it actually do effect our daily life in many ways , it can effect our daily life like when you wish to buy some things , but you don't have a car plus theres no any public transportation nearby , this things might help you to settle things like that where you can buy things online by using electronic app , which is so much easier than you have to drive to that particular store and buy things ,it is a good thing i can say
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #14
Flurry

Does the Steam Wallet purchased got additional tax charge? Usually buy from online all have it.
well so far i heard that this app don't have any additional tax charge in anything such the steam wallet that you mention ,as well as when you uisng it to pay things , it a trustable app
Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #15
RookieVP

I think paying through electronic method is quite a nice change, and also no need to bring so much cash out already.
ya you right , this method also make us feel safe while walking on the street where no much cash in the pocket
RookieVP is offline   Reply With Quote