www.hardwarezone.com.my

www.hardwarezone.com.my (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.my/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.my/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Engine knocking sound (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.my/showthread.php?t=10257)

weiyaow 07-06-2019 10:25 AM

Engine knocking sound

Need you guys to help me with this. Mileage is 150k. When I accelerate, overtaking or simply drive up a slope I can hear tak tak tak sound. This only happens when the engine is hot. During cold or rainy season it is very faint or almost non existent.

Yet to open up engine to inspect for carbon buildup. Any advise. Thanks.

channy89 10-06-2019 07:34 PM

Maybe it is fuel problems, change to other fuel, see whether it gt produce any sound..

wan008 10-06-2019 07:44 PM

Go to car workshop ask them check the engine, or it's time to change the black oil??

buhansy 10-06-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by channy89 (Post 16133)
Maybe it is fuel problems, change to other fuel, see whether it gt produce any sound..

the fuel problem's probability is low, i think is the engine's problem..

Cindy777 10-06-2019 09:34 PM

Suggest to do the checking first before you take any action, last time towing my car engine to repair cost me thousand. Hopefully your case just a small method.

MR_Ken 10-06-2019 09:38 PM

The sound only occur when the engine is heat!? May be the metal in engine change their shape when get heat, then crash each other during the engine is running, quickly send to service center or workshop before it getting serious.

Highpitch 10-06-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_Ken (Post 16137)
The sound only occur when the engine is heat!? May be the metal in engine change their shape when get heat, then crash each other during the engine is running, quickly send to service center or workshop before it getting serious.

I think you overstated the problem, when i face that problem just change the lubricant oil then settle, i think the oil stain make the engine sound become louder, after wash it will solve the problem.

channy89 11-06-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buhansy (Post 16135)
the fuel problem's probability is low, i think is the engine's problem..

No...last time I also have the same problem then I change my fuel, the sound get better

MR_Ken 11-06-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highpitch (Post 16138)
I think you overstated the problem, when i face that problem just change the lubricant oil then settle, i think the oil stain make the engine sound become louder, after wash it will solve the problem.

I think better not to underestimate the risk of engine problem, may be you just lucky just change the lubricant oil then solve it. By the way, what brand you are using?

Highpitch 11-06-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_Ken (Post 16143)
I think better not to underestimate the risk of engine problem, may be you just lucky just change the lubricant oil then solve it. By the way, what brand you are using?

I using petronas syntium which is suggest by the workshop, and they ask me always take care the engine, dont wait its too late then repair also cant save the engine anymore.

Cindy777 11-06-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highpitch (Post 16144)
I using petronas syntium which is suggest by the workshop, and they ask me always take care the engine, dont wait its too late then repair also cant save the engine anymore.

It is so nice that petronas save you from the engine problem, they also save my wallet because the primax prodrive help me save the petrol cost.
:s12:

buhansy 12-06-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy777 (Post 16145)
It is so nice that petronas save you from the engine problem, they also save my wallet because the primax prodrive help me save the petrol cost.
:s12:

how was the performance of pro-drive, long time no use petronas ald

Cindy777 12-06-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buhansy (Post 16148)
how was the performance of pro-drive, long time no use petronas ald

The great thing that i have experience is this petrol can be used longer than other petrol that i try, so no need go to refill so many times, that really save a lot.

MR_Ken 12-06-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy777 (Post 16150)
The great thing that i have experience is this petrol can be used longer than other petrol that i try, so no need go to refill so many times, that really save a lot.

Wah!!!! can save money then sure got many people want to refill it, they cant reduce the price, but can increase the quality. Not bad! Not bad!

Cindy777 12-06-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_Ken (Post 16151)
Wah!!!! can save money then sure got many people want to refill it, they cant reduce the price, but can increase the quality. Not bad! Not bad!

Sure not bad lah~ Since they introduce this petrol, im not really sure what benefit actually can give me, after refill now i know how good is it.