www.hardwarezone.com.my - View Single Post - HZ What's New in Ivy Bridge CPUs and the Z77 Motherboard Platform?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #1
Moogle Stiltzkin

HZ What's New in Ivy Bridge CPUs and the Z77 Motherboard Platform?

What's New in Ivy Bridge CPUs and the Z77 Motherboard Platform?
http://www.hardwarezone.com.my/featu...whats-right-me

Firstly kudos on this very good review. I don't think it 100% covers everything, but it's a very good layman read for the over view of the ivy bridge and panther point platform in terms of features etc.

Theres a wealth of insightful info that i did not see many other reviewers mention.

What i appreciated the most was some info concerning the difference between the K and Non K variant of the Ivy bridge I7 cpus.

I bought the Non K version because i'm not really an overclocker, although my rig is certainly capable of performing overclocks. I have a water cooled rig.

But i would be very interested to know more about a comparison between the K and Non K for the I7 ivy bridge.

I haven't seen any reviewers online who have covered the ivy bridge i7 non k in depth. Is it because it is not worth getting over the K ? If so why don't they do an indepth coverage of it and explain exactly why ?

I noticed in the comparison sheets that the i7 Non K has some extra features which it says isn't available on the K version. It would be good to understand what exactly these features are for and whether they are worth having ?

I wasn't really sure, but i knew i wasn't seriously into overclocking and the fact that the non k was the only one they had available at the shop at the time, which was why i got it.

Anyways i would very much appreciate your input regarding this :}
Moogle Stiltzkin is offline   Reply With Quote