TM doing 5g stand alone? - www.hardwarezone.com.my

HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HWM Malaysia on Facebook

TM doing 5g stand alone?

Old 11-01-2020, 05:19 PM   #1
sunflo0303

TM doing 5g stand alone?

A good 5g phone wouldn't be any better if no good 5G network from telco or isp. I know that Tm will be doing their 5g in stand alone which is the first one in malaysia.. What do you guys think on this? https://www.malaymail.com/news/tech-...laysia/1815425
sunflo0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #2
mayra190

A good 5g phone wouldn't be any better if no good 5G network from telco or isp. I know that Tm will be doing their 5g in stand alone which is the first one in malaysia.. What do you guys think on this? https://www.malaymail.com/news/tech-...laysia/1815425
just curious, why only TM want to do stand alone? then customer has no other choice to choose what's good or not lah
mayra190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 09:31 PM   #3
Mr. Jacker

just curious, why only TM want to do stand alone? then customer has no other choice to choose what's good or not lah
TM want to do 5G standalone because it want to provides better internet service to customers...
Mr. Jacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
Mr. Jacker

that's great! TM can share its infra with other telco since it is pioneer in this industry...
Mr. Jacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #5
darius.Om

TM want to do 5G standalone because it want to provides better internet service to customers...
they should stand up with other telco too.Users can see that TM absolute monopoly to lay down telecommunication infrastructure (like telephone line, fiber distribution point etc). Now want own Malaysian internet pulakk
darius.Om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #6
darius.Om

that's great! TM can share its infra with other telco since it is pioneer in this industry...
They not sharing lahhh. consider rent it to other telco.charge high.huhu
Old 15-01-2020, 09:56 PM   #7
Deirdre Khaw

they should stand up with other telco too.Users can see that TM absolute monopoly to lay down telecommunication infrastructure (like telephone line, fiber distribution point etc). Now want own Malaysian internet pulakk
i don't think so...TM standalone means that TM utilize 5G core without LTE for operating...TM do the 5g network standalone coz it want to bring benefits to the society like provide them a high speed and efficient network...
Deirdre Khaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 09:59 PM   #8
Deirdre Khaw

They not sharing lahhh. consider rent it to other telco.charge high.huhu
I think tm will not do like this...tm will share its expertise and infra to other telco by collaborating with other telco...
Deirdre Khaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 02:30 PM   #9
darius.Om

i don't think so...TM standalone means that TM utilize 5G core without LTE for operating...TM do the 5g network standalone coz it want to bring benefits to the society like provide them a high speed and efficient network...
then why only them want to do that standalone thing? something fishy right?
Old 17-01-2020, 03:24 PM   #10
danniele

then why only them want to do that standalone thing? something fishy right?
that is their strategy planning. what fishy? you should ask what other telco do then. i use celcom almost 3 years,they only keep come up with bundle package.huh
danniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 04:59 PM   #11
tanlaihing

I think that, just like home fiber even for maxis and Unifi they are rely on TM, that mean Maxis or Unifi, does not have own infra, so thats why TM appear
tanlaihing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #12
tanlaihing

I think tm will not do like this...tm will share its expertise and infra to other telco by collaborating with other telco...
I believe Celcom and Maxis, they are collaborate with each other and launch the 5G
Old 18-01-2020, 05:07 PM   #13
tanlaihing

Well, i think the leading is Maxis or Celcom, Because they are provide 4G...
Old 18-01-2020, 07:52 PM   #14
huasin

can also choose non stand alone to compare good or not, but for me i will just choose for stand alone one
huasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #15
fruiss

I believe Celcom and Maxis, they are collaborate with each other and launch the 5G
line 4g celcom and maxis also suck like hell, how come they can doing good at 5g, nonsense
fruiss is offline   Reply With Quote