Engine knocking sound - www.hardwarezone.com.my

HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HWM Malaysia on Facebook

Engine knocking sound

Old 07-06-2019, 10:25 AM   #1
weiyaow

Engine knocking sound

Need you guys to help me with this. Mileage is 150k. When I accelerate, overtaking or simply drive up a slope I can hear tak tak tak sound. This only happens when the engine is hot. During cold or rainy season it is very faint or almost non existent.

Yet to open up engine to inspect for carbon buildup. Any advise. Thanks.
weiyaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #2
channy89

Maybe it is fuel problems, change to other fuel, see whether it gt produce any sound..
channy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #3
wan008

Go to car workshop ask them check the engine, or it's time to change the black oil??
wan008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #4
buhansy

Maybe it is fuel problems, change to other fuel, see whether it gt produce any sound..
the fuel problem's probability is low, i think is the engine's problem..
buhansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:34 PM   #5
Cindy777

Suggest to do the checking first before you take any action, last time towing my car engine to repair cost me thousand. Hopefully your case just a small method.
Cindy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #6
MR_Ken

The sound only occur when the engine is heat!? May be the metal in engine change their shape when get heat, then crash each other during the engine is running, quickly send to service center or workshop before it getting serious.
MR_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:21 PM   #7
Highpitch

The sound only occur when the engine is heat!? May be the metal in engine change their shape when get heat, then crash each other during the engine is running, quickly send to service center or workshop before it getting serious.
I think you overstated the problem, when i face that problem just change the lubricant oil then settle, i think the oil stain make the engine sound become louder, after wash it will solve the problem.
Highpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #8
channy89

the fuel problem's probability is low, i think is the engine's problem..
No...last time I also have the same problem then I change my fuel, the sound get better
channy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:26 PM   #9
MR_Ken

I think you overstated the problem, when i face that problem just change the lubricant oil then settle, i think the oil stain make the engine sound become louder, after wash it will solve the problem.
I think better not to underestimate the risk of engine problem, may be you just lucky just change the lubricant oil then solve it. By the way, what brand you are using?
Old 11-06-2019, 10:29 PM   #10
Highpitch

I think better not to underestimate the risk of engine problem, may be you just lucky just change the lubricant oil then solve it. By the way, what brand you are using?
I using petronas syntium which is suggest by the workshop, and they ask me always take care the engine, dont wait its too late then repair also cant save the engine anymore.
Highpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #11
Cindy777

I using petronas syntium which is suggest by the workshop, and they ask me always take care the engine, dont wait its too late then repair also cant save the engine anymore.
It is so nice that petronas save you from the engine problem, they also save my wallet because the primax prodrive help me save the petrol cost.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #12
buhansy

It is so nice that petronas save you from the engine problem, they also save my wallet because the primax prodrive help me save the petrol cost.
how was the performance of pro-drive, long time no use petronas ald
buhansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #13
Cindy777

how was the performance of pro-drive, long time no use petronas ald
The great thing that i have experience is this petrol can be used longer than other petrol that i try, so no need go to refill so many times, that really save a lot.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #14
MR_Ken

The great thing that i have experience is this petrol can be used longer than other petrol that i try, so no need go to refill so many times, that really save a lot.
Wah!!!! can save money then sure got many people want to refill it, they cant reduce the price, but can increase the quality. Not bad! Not bad!
Old 12-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #15
Cindy777

Wah!!!! can save money then sure got many people want to refill it, they cant reduce the price, but can increase the quality. Not bad! Not bad!
Sure not bad lah~ Since they introduce this petrol, im not really sure what benefit actually can give me, after refill now i know how good is it.